|roots and wisdom musicians|
BICYCLES FOR RASTAS MAYAS
A CALL TO MUSICIANS
|ROOTS AND WISDOM
profoundly thanks the following musicians who have stepped up to the
task of helping to present ROOTS AND WISDOM music live on stage to
the masses, or recorded in the studio.
1. Wisdom Ogbor: Leader, Acoustic Guitar, Lead voices, writer and composer of all ROOTS AND WISDOM music.
2. The late Sunday Fabulous Ofili (Sunny Rasta): Lead Guitars, Lead Keyboards on the songs recorded in Nigeria. Well known and well traveled elder and pioneer Nigerian Rastaman. Inspiration of some of the music of ROOTS AND WISDOM
3. Prince Foster: Lead Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Producer and Engineer on the first set of songs recorded at Elephant Walk Studio, Accra, Ghana.
4. Kweku Gablah: Congas, Sticks, drums on the early songs recorded in Ghana. Kweku is a master percussionist that has played with the great Marriot Band of Ghana.
5. George Amissah: Saxophone on all the early songs recorded in Ghana. George of the Marriotts International Band of Ghana is one of Africa's most important saxophonists whom Fela Kuti paid respect to whenever he was in Ghana, as his teacher, and a master African musician.
6. Jackson Puzu Jr.: Trumpet on all the song sessions in Ghana. Jackson of the Marriotts Band International of Ghana also regards George Amissah as a mentor.
7. Kwesi Eboh: Keyboards on the Elephant Walk Studio sessions in Accra, Ghana. Renowned Ghanain studio and stage musician.
8. Rex Abeh: Background voices on sessions done in Ghana.
9. Jermima & Kerzia Narter: Background vocals on all sessions in Ghana. Famed twin sisters with the voices of angels, most sort after in Ghana for session and stage performances.
10. Ras Kaliman: Drums on the sessions recorded at San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico, and a long running ROOTS AND WISDOM tour drummer.
11. Ras Diamond: Congas on the sessions recorded in San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico. Also toured with ROOTS AND WISDOM for a while.
12. Francisco Cortes Gonzales: Bass on the sessions at San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico. Likeable Chiapaneco who toured with ROOTS AND WISDOM for a while.
13. Reuben Hagar: Tenor sax on the sessions done in San Cristobal de Las Casas. Also toured with ROOTS AND WISDOM for a while.
14. Jim Robinson: Guitar, Bass, Sound Engineer and technical person for ROOTS AND WISDOM in the studio and on tour.
15. Daniel Karmantra: Lead Guitars and Jarana on sessions from San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico. Daniel is a famed flamenco guitar player with his own band "Karmantra".
16. Louisa Bergren: Background vocalist from Sweden, on sessions from San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico.
17. Marzia Milazzo: Background vocalist from Italy on sessions from San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico.
18. Lilith Alcantara, Claudia, Esther: Collectively known as OBINI ANA. Female hand drummers from Jalapa, Veracruz who featured prominently in early ROOTS AND WISDOM tours in Mexico.